Monday, June 6, 2011

The CFG Chuvaness

I can't believe i haven't written anything here in almost a year. Have i been too busy? or too life has been so static that i have nothing to write about? or both? haha but then here's one thing that deserves a writeup.

I.
So about 6 weeks ago, i volunteered to handle a team from another account because their Team Leader will be away for a month. I didn't really expect anything much since i will just be there for a month plus they are clustered in the same floor as my original account so i won't really go through any major changes. My first day was hellish, i'm not used to seeing 20++ calls waiting on the queue and i really have no idea what i was supposed to do. But i survived the first day and all the days after that.

II.
At first i could not understand how we survived those days. Metrics failing badly yet at the end of the month they always manage to make it. I honestly thought that we would fail that month. I can't really see any way around it. I was trying to study all the numbers, we looked into all the data and everything tells us there is a big chance we won't make it. But i did not sense any worries from my Bosses and my co-TL. I think they know something i don't.

III.
It was on my last week with them that i finally realized what i wasn't considering. On my last week, as i was able to spend more time with the CFG people and got to know more of them aside from my usual break buddies that i realized how they have not had a failing month in more than a year. It was the people. All this time the answer was staring right at me, passing me by, even talking to me. I approve their breaks and lunches, defer them if necessary, but failed to realize that they are the reason for their success.

IV.
It took me 3 good weeks to finally figure it out. I was working with one of the most amazing set people around. Don't get me wrong, i'm sure every account has people who work hard and do their best, but what sets these guys apart is their genuine concern for their account and their genuine care for each other. I'm pretty sure you'll argue that they also have their bad apples, and they do. I mean there really is no perfect account but their bad apples are overshadowed by the rest of the team's pro-activeness and dedication.

V.
I started thinking "what i have gotten myself into" but ended with "thank you for the chance to work with them". So i say thank you to all those who made this chance possible, my OM and SM and the current CFG TLs, again thank you. And to all the new friends i gained, you guys know who you are, and of course to everyone Thanks a lot! You made my very short stay a learning experience. I have 2 words for the last month: salamat and bitin. Ill see you around the office and the smoking room. 'Til the next GA or inuman!

PS: Separation Anxiety? haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment